Our objective is to provide insurance companies and their insureds with immediate response in catastrophe situations and to provide a complete, accurate adjustment in a timely manner.
Reliable Adjusting Company is an established catastrophe adjusting company specializing in both personal and commercial claims adjusting. We maintain a full staff in our home office fully capable of providing immediate catastrophe response. Local catastrophe offices are established as necessary complete with a mobile phone system and computer network. Adjusters and staff can generally be dispatched within 24 hours.
Reliable has a roster of over 350 contract adjusters available for catastrophe duty. Adjusters are dispatched as needed and are fully supervised by our staff. All closing paperwork is completely reviewed by a supervisor before being submitted to the insurance company.
Reliable Adjusting Company carries libility, E&O, workers' compensation and non-owned auto insurance. Reliable is financially stable and has a substantial line of credit.
Donald E. Wallen – President
Donald attended Ball State University after an honorable discharge from the U.S. Marine Corps. Before becoming an adjuster he has worked as a power company lineman, a welder in a shipyard, a construction worker, and a branch manager in a lending institution. He started in the adjusting business with Underwriters Adjusting Company in 1961 as a trainee. He advanced to a field adjuster handling multi-line adjusting. He was later promoted to branch manager and supervised six people. Underwriters was sold to Continental Insurance Company in 1968 and Don continued working for Continental Insurance Company until 1976 when he resigned and opened an independent adjusting company. Continental continued their support and in 1978 he started handling catastrophe work only. He continued handling catastrophe work for Continental until Continental was sold to CNA. He continued working with CNA until the present time.
Don has worked many catastrophes thought the United States including hail, floods, hurricanes, tornadoes, fires, oil company explosions, train tanker car explosions, oil spills, and environmental claims. Besides the continental United States he has worked catastrophes in Puerto Rico, St. Croix, St. Thomas, Alaska, and three hurricanes in Hawaii.
Don was a pioneer in the development of computer estimating systems. In 1980 Don and his partner started Claim Systems and developed an estimating system by the same name. In 1987 Claim Systems licensed its software to E.H. Boeckh and was co-marketed as the Boeckh Claim System. Later in 1994 the software rights were sold to Boeckh.
David R. Wallen – Vice President
David was trained in the adjusting business while still in high school. A hurricane struck Hawaii while David was in high school so he transferred to Maui, HI. For a period of six months he worked evenings and weekends with adjusters to learn the business. After graduation he attended Vale Tech to further his education on adjusting. David had worked in the family adjusting business and helped develop the cost database for the Claim Systems estimating program. Since 1983 he has worked many catastrophes throughout the United States including Alaska, Puerto Rico, and Hawaii. David has worked floods, hurricanes, hailstorms, tornadoes, environmental claims, explosions, and fires while working catastrophes. David has supervised an environmental claims operation from an overspray. He has done field adjusting and has also set up satellite offices and supervised the operation from start to finish. David is now a co-owner of Reliable Adjusting Company and takes an active part in the operation and decision-making process.
Dennis Wallen – Secretary/Treasurer
Dennis graduated from Purdue University with a bachelor degree in computer science. Dennis obtained much of his knowledge of the insurance industry from the family adjusting business. He started teaching himself programming at the age of eleven and by age fifteen he wrote a claim tracking program for Continental Insurance Company used in their national catastrophe operation. During his senior year of high school Dennis began redesigning the estimating software owned by Claim Systems. Before his freshman year of college Dennis had completed what is now known as the Boeckh Claim System. Dennis continued support and devlopment through his college years. After the sale of the software to Boeckh, Dennis continued to work with the claim system and create new software to electronically transfer claims.
Dennis got his practical adjusting experience while working with other adjusters and started adjusting catastrophe losses in 1989. Dennis works full time with Reliable Adjusting Company in supervision and as a systems administrator. He maintains our computer network and phone systems and writes software to meet our unique needs. Dennis is now a co-owner of Reliable Adjusting Company and takes an active part in the operation and decision making process.
Tom Jolley – Catastrophe Claims Supervisor
- 33 years of claims experience.
- Received BBA degree from Midwestern State University in Wichita Falls, Texas in 1966.
- Have received the AIA Associate in Claims designation.
- Graduate of Vale Technical Institute’s Bldg Dmg and Estimating course and numerous insurance courses and seminars.
- Began insurance career as a trainee adjuster for Continental Insurance Companies in November, 1966.
- Handled all lines of claims for Continental, and for Underwriters Adjusting Co., from 1966 through 1974, following the acquisition of UAC by Continental in 1969. Served as member of the catastrophe response team.
- Became a supervisor in 1974 in Oklahoma City. Duties included catastrophe supervision in many locations, primarily in the south and southwestern United States.
- Transferred to Portland, Oregon in 1978 as Manager, and held various management positions fpr UAC and Continental Loss Adjusting Services in Portland, Or; Seattle, WA; and Sacramento, CA from 1978 through 1995.
- In 1996, left to form own independent catastrophe adjusting company following the CIC/CNA merger. Primary client was CNA as catastrophe supervisor.
- Hired by CNA Insurance Co. to set up and manage their National Catastrophe Claims Center in Chicago, IL.
- Joined Reliable Adjusting Co as catastrophe claims supervisor in June, 1999.